Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Love

Ever heard of Dogtown? What about Cat World? I know I hadn't until recently. Dogtown & Cat World are part of the Best Friends Animal Society based in southern Utah, the largest no-kill shelter in the nation. Not only do they have dogs and cats, but farm animals, bunnies, and wild animals as well. If you have a soft spot for animals, read some of the horrific and incredible events some of these guys have survived--hurricanes, hoarding, dog fighting, neglect, multiple gunshot wounds, etc. And most of them won't ever get adopted because either people don't know about them or don't want them because they are too old (fact: most people adopt puppies and kittens before adults). But even if you can't adopt, you can donate to the BFAS! You can give as much or as little as you can afford. God has given us dominion over all creatures--we are their caretakers. These animals--most of which have had serious cruelty done to them by the hands of those supposed to protect and provide for them--need your help!

Once I get things up and running, part of the proceeds from any images of mine sold with dogs in them will be sent to rescue agencies like Maren Gibson's Arctic Rescue and the BFAS. I will make sure to label them on my website. It will be a while before I am able to do this, but I wanted to let the word out now. I love dogs, and it breaks my heart I can't help them all.


No comments: