Friday, August 27, 2010

Double Dipping

So I have been combining some sketching with making cards for family members. I have also been on a learn-how-to-use-watercolors phase. They are really quite fun... I messed up with the Merlin, I made him too dark to begin with, and the scans have made all of them darker still. Ah, well. C'est la vie! The outlines are in black acrylic ink... the ink, I adore! The watercolors are taking me a bit to slow down with. I have a bad habit of rushing when painting, and paint is not something that enjoys rushing when you are accustoming yourself to it.

Let me know what thou thinkest, O Great Web World.


Black Bear Cub

Merlin

Scarlet Ibis

2 comments:

Laurel said...

The happy birthday bear is really cute! I'm glad that I'll still be able to look at your art!

Michael Mercer said...

Maria these are great!