Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's Way Too Late [Early?] to Be Awake....

Instead of writing in my journal as I intended when I turned on my computer at 5 this morning, I've been piddling around with this new design part of Blogger, and it's kind of fun. Some of the templates are irksome from a design standpoint, but overall I sort of like the control they lend.

Anyway, I got bored with designing and decided to change my blogs name, which I have been meaning to do for some time, only to find myself in the midst of a debate: How to define graphillustration? In my head it seemed fairly easy: graphic illustration, a combination of graphic elements found in modern graphic design with the story telling and sometimes elaborate elements of illustration... but that seemed too wordy, so I began to research words like "graphic," "illustration," "design," and "illustrator." I ended up giving up on the definition entirely when I became unexpectedly stumped by this....

il•lus•tra•tor

[il-uh-strey-ter, ih-luhs-trey-ter] –noun
1. an artist who makes illustrations: an illustrator of children's books.
2. a person or thing that illustrates.

Anyone care to explain that one to me?

No comments: